Sunday 10 December 2017

DAY 8: Fear And Guilt About Letting The Office Know

DAY 8: Fear And Guilt About Letting The Office Know

I work with people that may have a criminal history. They could be reoffenders on probation, have orders out on them for domestic violence, animal cruelty orders and/or assault charges.. just to name a few. The work that I do requires me to inform the office if any of these orders have been breached. Some clients may plead with the support worker to not tell, show that they don't care about the consequences, see the support worker as snitch for doing their job and this creates some tension in the rapport between client and worker. I've had an experience like this recently. I ended feeling a little bad and fearful about how my shifts will go after letting the necessary people know about a breach.

What I am afraid of is the individual verbally abusing me if people contact regarding the breach.

I fear the individual calling me names and the rapport not being a good one that assists/supports both.

But it is part of my job to do what I've got to do to ensure the safety of myself, the client and others. If I was to not inform the necessary people it would b my responsibility if they found out the next day and I hadn't informed anyone of the breach. I could lose my job and the individual could lose everything they've got. So it's always the right move to make to ensure everyone's safety. If the client blows off steam, verbally abuses, attacks or anything like that, I can get my things and go. That's all it takes and I can make that clear.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear letting the necessary people know that a breach has occurred.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear damage to the rapport with clients for ensuring everyone's safety

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my client not liking me and our shifts being ones filled with no communication or fun.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what Person A will do if they found out I was the one who let the necessary people know.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear Person A verbally abusing me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear Person A attacking me if they were to find out

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realise/understand that if Person A doesn't get why I did and then becomes abusive in any sort of way, I can  walk straight out and go home.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realise/understand it's ok to tell the necessary people if a breach has been made.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear doing what is necessary for the safety of others, myself and animals.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what will happened on my next shift with Person A

When and as I see myself afraid to tell the necessary persons if a breach has been made that puts everyone at risk - I stop and I breathe - I realise that the sacrifice of a good rapport with Person A is necessary if all are at risk.

I commit myself to walk straight out of Person A becomes abuses in any sort of way.

I commit myself to make sure that I inform the necessary persons about a breach at work



No comments:

Post a Comment