Wednesday 20 December 2017

DAY 10: Less Work, More Time For Goals

DAY 10: Less Work, More Time For Goals

I've worked non-stop since I started working as a support worker. It is one of those jobs that require people for any type of hours if they needed to be filled. The problem with my job at the moment is that I work very long hours. I finish a 7 am - 7 am shift, cross over to a shift at  8 am - 10 am, I have a 2 hour break then start a new shift at 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. or I finish a 7 am - 7 am and cross over to a  8 a.m - 7 p.m. shift. These hours that I work take away my social time, my time that I should be focusing on goals, my relationships are affected, I don't get to do the things I like to do and the money for the work & the extra stuff I do on shift doesn't seem to be covering or adding up to what I know my work and assistance/support should be priced. I do know at the end of the day I am assisting/supporting someone, but it is at the expense of assisting/supporting myself. This is a very unhealthy way to live life. I've considered cutting down to less hours, but what stops me is the nature that this company is built on and fears of losing my job.  The people that run the show are spiteful and can be nasty. I've heard lots of stories about the company and do not want some experiences to happen to me. For example, asking for less hours then being taken down to one shift a week even if I have asked for 3. But, if that were to happen I'll just have to start rearranging my life. What is cool is that in challenging times we can change, redirect, move ourselves, investigate, come up with plans and find other opportunities that we can create for ourselves. In the challenging times {that I've had a lot} I find that I will always find a way, a new way, get back up, do what I need to do and continue to create a life that I want... where I am comfortable. Sometimes we will come to realise that some directions are not beneficial for us and we will have to go down a different one. It's all part of life. But if we fear stepping out, going a different direction, fear of instability, fear of the unknown, fear of what may come up as reactions, fear of failure, fear of mistakes, fear, fear, fear... if we fear not going a different direction, trying it out, spending the money needed.. then how are we suppose to reach that position we want for ourselves. It's not going to come if we don't make changes, if we don't step out, if we don't go a different direction. It's necessary at times to do that which puts us deeply out of our comfortzones to get to where we want to go in life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear leaving my job to start my business

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear leaving the community care industry to focus on what I'd like to give to the world and myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear asking for fewer hours so that I can focus on my social life, goals, things that I like to do and slow but surely, leave the industry.

i forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear starting up a business that may not succeed.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear not succeeding

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realise/understand that challenging times can bring the best out of ourselves.

i forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realise/understand that putting the work into a business, the willingness to create it, the time spent in it, the progression and development will determine the success of it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear letting go of my job.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to work extremely long hours where I do not have time for anything else but work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realise/understand that it is unhealthy to work extremely long hours

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realise/understand that I can down my hours to be able to have a healthy balance of work and personal life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the nature that this company is built on.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the experiences that I"ve hear from colleagues happening to me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear failure from the businesses that I create for me and other people.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realise/understand that I only have one life and I can either spend it working for another person for money that I do not see assists/supports me or compliments the extras that I do in my job or I can create what I can mold, adapt, perfect and give to others.

I commit myself to ask for less hours

I commit myself to cut down the hours I work.

I commit myself to start investing time into my business regardless of if I do not earn money when I start up.

I commit myself to jump into these areas and test myself to see how I go

I commit myself to create a balance of work and personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment